1998 Chevrolet Lumina brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina:

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Apr 012006

Lumina 6-cyl

When I first bought my 1998 Chevrolet Lumina, all of the brake lights were working properly. However, a few weeks later I was driving and a man told me that my brake lights were out. The top brake light has always worked, but the two side lights and the reverse lights do not work. This has been an ongoing problem ever since I noticed it. We have tired the following: Switching the light bulbs, changing the fuses, and getting a professional work done. However, nothing works. The new fuse makes the lights work for less than a day if IżM lucky, but then the fuse blows; and the experts have no idea what is wrong. I live in milwaukee, wi, and have seen over ten cars with the exact same problem! I have gotten pulled over and ticketed 3 times now, and have had to pay over $100 in fines, and at least $300 at the auto shop, just for the brake light problem. Also, the reverse lights have never been fixed, not even with a new fuse put in. GM needs to fix this problem. I cannot afford to get any more tickets, or fix the problem myself. Seeing that many cars with the same problem has to be a manufactures problem, and I would like something done about this please. Thank you for taking the time to address my concerns.

- West Allis, WI, USA