2. wait three minutes and it will start (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Lumina electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina:

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Sep 222016

well my wife was at the doctors to get stitches removed and the car would not start. we replaced the starter and battery and it still will not fire. it will turn over, but not up.

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Mar 022012

Lumina 3.1L V6

thIS vehicle has a mind of his own,it does start right off when it feels like it.

I noticed that in a very cold mornings it may take several attempts to make it start,this problem is a pain in the rear because you can not relay in the vehicle for emergencies.

I better keep the tow truck phone number handy from now on.

- , Chantilly, VA, USA

Jan 022006

This problem has cost me towing fees because I couldn't get the car to start any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Aug 152007

Sometime when i try to start it the electrical components all kick in but the engine won't turn. It's not the battery for sure. It doesn't happen all the time but there is no consistency to when it will. you could go weeks and its fine then it will do this every day for a week. When it does this i have to wait three minutes then it starts right up. I think its some kind of security feature in the ignition. My mechanic could not find the problem but I don't think he really lookind at it deeply enough. I heard of someone with a Saturn recentlyhaving a similar problem and it was in the ignition and kind of expensive to fix. Anyone have this problem before? I tried two different keys so its not the chip in the key.

- , Dracut, MA, USA