4.0

1. change pads and rotors (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 072012

Malibu 3.1L V6

front rotors warp- vibration while braking

I drove this car for about six years, and wound up having to replace the front rotors three times, most recently this spring.

I never wore out the pads, but I would get a wicked vibration every time I pressed the brake pedal. Replace the rotor, and it goes away. I DO live in a hilly area, but I don't particularly ride the brakes, just enough to slow to the speed I want, then downshift if I need to. Seems these rotors tend to warp easily (according to a local mechanic "oh ya, those cars eat rotors")

- , Salmon Arm, BC, canada