5.3

1998 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 022003

Malibu 6-cyl

I bought a 98 Chevy Malibu about 3 months ago.it onlyhad 69,000 miles on it at the time.since that time I have had to replace the brakesand buy a new battery.my ABS light pops on and off, my airconditioner cuts on and off by itself, and my car clucks all the time. My friend has the same car and we ride together we recognize the fact that both of our cars are giving us the same problems.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jun 231999

Malibu

Brake pads make noise and rotors need granding or turning.

- Redding, CA, USA

Jun 231999

Malibu

Brake pads make noise and rotors need granding or turning.

- Redding, CA, USA

Oct 011998

Malibu

Brake pads and rotors failed.

- Cerritos, CA, USA