8.0

1998 Chevrolet Malibu cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 202009

Malibu 3.1L V6

Since I bought the car second hand in mid-2006 it's been losing coolant. I can't find out where it's going. No, it's not going into the oil as it stays clean untill the next schedulded change. I park in a grassy area and the grass is doing OK so I don't think it's seeping out after it's parked. As a rule the overflow/fill tank needs to be topped off every week. I have not had a low coolant light come on yet and had no problems with it overheating. I've been very hesitant about putting any stop leak substance in it. Other than selling/junking the car I am open to suggestions.

- , Hookerton, NC, USA