7.0

1998 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu:

1998 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 032014

Malibu 3.1L V6

My room mate bought it from her son, we are 3 owners, the her son had problems.

I am good at mechanical sh*t. I am one of the best in Nevada but you cost me a 50,000 dollar job for the government because can't get to work. It's 70 miles from were I live, we have to drive 68 miles, we lost our home. So now, Please help, never asked for help. Chevy Malibu, piece of sh*t.

- , Beatty, NV, USA

Oct 012006

Malibu LS

Intake manifold sensor causes check engine light to come on. The engine check light would not extinguish, found to be the intake air sensor. Replacing this didn't fix it so they said it was a bad wiring harness. In the shop now for that... could it be that hard for chevy to eliminate these problems?... this is really unbelievable... first the intake gasket... now the harness. I was told the wiring harness was bad after the sensor no fix yet. Never again.

- , Clinton, MD, USA