1999 Chevrolet Malibu cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu:

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 142010

Malibu LX 3.1L V6

i have trouble with my car ,it overheated constatly and i dont know what the problem

- , Ponciana, FL, USA

Mar 092010

Malibu 3.1L V6

Chevy. Malibu.don't have to say anything else.overheats,brakes,bearings,and on&on&on

- , Brodhead, ky., USA

Oct 202009

Malibu 3.1L V6

My vehicle has been over heating for the past 2 months. I noticed I had a crack in my reservoir tank had a hell of a time finding a new one. Replaced that then blew a head gasket fixed that and now I have had to replace the thermostat. I am running out of options as to what could be going on and from what I hear or have read all over the internet this vehicle is a piece of crap. I dont understand why Chevy has not be mandated to recall this vehicle. If any one has had this problem and fixed it please let me know.

- , Yonkers, NY, USA

Nov 142006

Malibu Sedan 3.1 V6

I have had trouble with this car from day one. It overheated constantly. I would have to fill the reservoir tank every morning before driving anywhere, or else I would be stuck on the side of the road with the car overheating. After a while, I got sick of it and decided to replace the engine. It came from Cali and the car worked for only about a month and the problem came back. The low coolant light is always coming on and off and the far overheats everyday! I've spent over $4,000 trying to fix this problem

Luckily I totaled the car and am finally free of the constant headache that was the 1999 Malibu.

- , Riverhead, NY, USA