1999 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu:

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 202015

Malibu 3.2L

i JUST RECEIVED THE 1999 CHEVY MALIBU IN DECEMBER AND IT WAS RUNNING PERFECTLY FINE UNTIL LATE MARCH WHEN I PULLED INTO THE DRIVEWAY AND CUT THE CAR OFF. I WENT TO TURN THE CAR ON FIFTEEN MIN. LATER AND IT WOULD CRANK BUT NOT TURN OVER. I HAD THE FUEL FILTER REPLACED AND AFTER THAT THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURED WHERE I HAD THE VEHICLE TAKEN FOR REPAIRS. THE CAR SAT FOR TWO WEEKS AND STILL NO REPAIR. I THEN HAD CAR TOWED TO PEP BOYS WHO NOW TELL ME THAT THE MOTOR IS BLOWN..THE VEHICLE HAD NO PROBLEM, SYMPTOMS (LIKE ENGINE LIGHT, BLUE OR ANY OTHER COLOR SPOKE) PRIOR TO THIS ISSUE.....IT WAS RECOMMENDED THAT I BUY A NEW CAR. WHAT KIND OF S--T IS THAT I ONLY HAD THIS CAR FOR 3 MONTHS AND THEN THIS......

PLEASE HELP ME I MAY HAVE TO JUNK THE CAR BECAUSE I CANNOT KEEP IT ON THE PROPERTY WHERE I LIVE..IT HAS RUINED MY TRAVEL TO AND FROM IMPORTANT PLACES LIKE WORK, DOCTORS, ETC.ETC. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT CHEVY WILL HELP RELIEVE THIS ISSUE. I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE IT IN FOR THE RECALL THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND THIS HAPPENED.. BUT FIRST DANG GONE THING WAS THIS ISSUE.......HELP...HELP....HELP....HELP... I AM A VETERAN OF THE US ARMY AND A VEHICLE IS ONE OF THE LIVELIHOODS NEEDED FOR ME TO ASSIST OTHER VETERANS... THIS HAS REALLY TURNED INTO A HARDSHIP........THANKS GM.... DONATE A CAR TO ME THE ONLY THING I CAN AFFORD RIGHT NOW IS FREE AND THERE'S A PRICE IN THAT.. I PAID FOR IT, NOW HELP ME OUT, DARN IT!

GOD BLESS AMERICA