1. replace buckles (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Malibu seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu:

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 052007

Malibu LS V6

Doubtful I will buy another GM product. I will dig up the specifics and file another complaint but this is now the second or third time I have had my 99 Malibu in to have the rear seat belt buckles replaced. The first were under warranty. They now want $275 for the pair. The part that is broken is the plastic strip that puts tension on the belt and keeps the buckle from sliding. The dealer insists they are cosmetic. I don't think they will hold a person or a child seat. Are you ready for a lawsuit GM?

I have also been very disappointed with the brakes, had to replace the intake manifold gasket before 60K miles and have gone through several electrical system components. I wouldn't recommend any GM product with the V6 engine.

- , Fort Collins, CO, USA