1. replace (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Malibu suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Malibu:

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Apr 212009

Malibu 4cyl

This just happened to me to. When I got it towed to the garage and they finished taking it apart the mechanic told me that the end of the strut was not long enough and it finally slipped out. He showed me another strut and it was much longer on the end. This should be a recall and they should have caught that. My problem is that after the price of that repair and the new tire I couldn't afford new struts that day and had to have the old one put back in. I'm so scared its going to happen again. I hope to have it fixed soon before it goes again with new struts only, nothing off another car since there seems to be a problem with them being made to short when the care was made. Thanks for the theft light information, that also seems to work for me. Taking a few sections to turn it over and let all the lights and dings come out is a lot better than waiting 10 minutes. Never again will I buy a Chevy.

- , Fort Gratiot, MI, USA