6.0

2000 Chevrolet Malibu body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 012008

Malibu

I have discovered another potentially dangerous problem. After checking my oil, I went to close my hood and it will not completely latch/close. It does hook to the latch that holds it shut. You literally can reach your hand under the hood to release the latch...But you push the hood down, it comes back up, push it down again, it comes back up. After getting aggrivated, the hood eventually goes down. I have had times where I nor anyone else could get the hood to completely shut. I had to drive around with my hood partially popped up! This could be a serious and dangerous problem! Who knows how strong the latch is or if the hood could fly up while driving down the road!!!

- , New Bern, NC, USA