2000 Chevrolet Malibu body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 302007

Malibu ES

The paint is faded and peeled on the hood and fenders. I have also noticed other Chevy Malibu's with the same problem. What a cheap car. This This I will never buy another Chevy in my life. This isn't the only problem is has. It's in the junk heap now.

- , Wao, TX, USA

Mar 022007

Malibu LS

The car looks awful. Absolutely horrible. The hood is missing paint. It's a completely different color. The trunk is starting to completely fade.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

May 112007

Malibu LS V6

The clear coat on my Malibu's paint is peeling off and I'm sure the paint underneath is sure to follow. It is worst on the hood, presumably due to the heat of the engine. I won't have it fixed but it is definitely noticeable. I spoke with the dealer and was told that Chevy may have done something up to five years out but that I was stuck.

- , North Liberty, IA, USA