2. new properly functioning switch (2 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Malibu lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Feb 252009

Malibu LS 3.2L V6

I recently bought a 2000 Malibu LS after researching it online. All the websites I found said how great this car was. It wasn't until after I bought it and noticed that the turn signals didn't work all the time. So I decided to see if it had any recalls and that's when I stumbled upon this website. Sure enough it was recalled, but I also found out a lot of other things about this car. I think GM needs to step up and fix the repetitive problems that these cars have. I actually found a website that files a complaint with the NHTSA. Maybe if enough of us file complaints then maybe they will fix the problems that should have been fixed a long time ago. Here is the website when you get there just click on file a complaint.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 012007

Malibu V6

I would like to pass this car on to my son this year and I would like to have this problem fixed. Can it be done? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very annoying and dangerous driving and never being sure you will have proper turn signals when needed.

- , Spartanburg, SC, USA

Jun 252008

Malibu LX

This is really really annoying, the blinkers work sometimes and then they don't work for anywhere between 5min to a whole day or two later. Its at the most inconvenient times like when you're trying to switch lanes in crazy highway traffic..i have to wave my hand out the window like a moron..and people just think i'm flapping out the window for my Freggin Health... And The hazards work only sometimes as well. Today i was stuck on the highway for another problem (car just shut off while driving) and i didnt have hazard lights..but when the freggin tow truck pulled up to my apartment to drop my dead car off, the hazards were Happily Flashing away... I read some other complaints and am gonna call GM and see if that whole recall thing is still Applicable..but i was happy to see other people with similar problems...Whenever i tried to explain the problem to people they seemed baffled and looked at me like i was making it up in my head...asking me dumb questions like... is it the bulb?? NO ITS NOT THE FREGGIN BULB!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT.. THE.... BULB!

- , Bridgeport, CT, USA

Mar 232007

Malibu 3.2L V6

My parents first bought the car in late 2000, is was a lease before we purchased it. Just after I started driving it in 2007, the blinkers would only work some of the time. At first it wasn't too bad, but after 10 months it was getting to be a real pain.

For this model, the hazard light switch controls the blinkers also (which is mounted in the dash, not the steering column) and it is still a dealer only part. It cost $30 +tax and the dealership quoted about 8 hours to do it. I just had it replaced a week ago by my dad's shop assistant (he's a mechanic) it didn't even take him 5 minutes!

- , Springville, AL, USA

Oct 102007

Malibu Ls Sedan 3.2L V6

Same problem as the previous complaint every time i used the blinkers or hazard lights i got a loud buzzing sound,haven't been able to find the solution been to the auto parts store for help, called GMAC they said the VIN on my car was not on there so it was not covered even though i had received a letter concerning the problem, don't know what the problem is or the part so i can fix it myself

- , Benavides, TX, USA

Jun 232005

Malibu LX

This problem happened a day before my birthday in 2001 a year and a half after purchase. Well just like Murphy said it's BACK. And, the parts on back order ever since 16 Mar. GM...... " Gone Mad" from purchase of American made vehicle.

- , Marietta, GA, USA