$2,000.00

1. replace the transmission (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Malibu transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 102007

Malibu 3.1L V6

I was driving my car. It was running well and out of nowhere it wouldn't accelerate and the RPM's started racing. i pulled over. and the car wouldn't move afterwards. I was told it had something to do with the O-ring by the piston in the transmission, I never had it fixed though. My mechanic said the only cure is to drop a new transmission in, or have mine rebuilt. Both choices were too expensive. the average cost was around $2000.00

- , Phoenix, NY, USA