6.0

2000 Chevrolet Malibu transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu:

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 012014

Malibu 3.1L V6 Ohv 12v

My 2000 Chevy Malibu has had issues with pulsations, but we just ignored that because it was not affecting the driving. But now it is having an issue with overdrive/shifting. It will not shift out of second gear, and when I get up to 55mph or so, it is staying at a high 3.5 RPM. This has caused my engine to overheat. We filled it with water/antifreeze to cool it down, but it is the shifting that is continuing to pose the problem.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix it? If so, how much might it cost?

- , Matthews, IN, USA