8.3

1. need to recall (6 reports)
  2. replace pads and rotors (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Sep 012003

Malibu

Okay, I have a 2001 Malibu that has brake problems. It's fairly new to me ....(I bought it used)... I changed the brakes

Jun 012008

Malibu

Nothing Else to say... I have tried everything to fix these darn things

Jun 012006

Malibu

WTF???? I have changed the brakes 4 times in as many years... changed the rotors... now I changed the calipers... and the brakes AGAIN

Sep 012005

Malibu

I've changed the brakes twice now...still the noise..and now the rotors seem to be warped.....Changed the rotors and the Friggin brakes AGAIN!!!!

Mar 152007

Malibu 3.1L V6

F*ck this car!F*ck you GM for not doing anything about this POS!

- , Farmington, MN, USA

Oct 252007

Malibu LS V6

Brakes were noisy from the time I got the car (not to noisy) and got worse as it got mileage. Replace pads and rotor on the left front two times in under 10,000 miles before the problem was corrected - no warranty on these parts.

- , Killeen, TX, USA

Oct 262006

Malibu 3.2L V6

I've had the brakes replaced and was told that it was told that the old brakes were not the cause. The sound is still there after new brakes and it's louder than ever. I'm really starting to hate this car. I've already fixed a lot and put more money in than it's worth.

- , Riverside, CA, USA