5.3

2001 Chevrolet Malibu miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 042004

Malibu 6-cyl

I have had the brakes and rotors replaced twice since buying the car in April of 2001. I took the car to jim butler Chevrolet for the turn signal/flasher problem which was later recalled and I was reimbursed. I took it to don darr Chevy which fixed a faulty switch operating the air conditioner/switching to outside air. I had the car towed to dobbs when it would not start, they said it was the fuel pump and assembly module. Today, jim butler Chevrolet replaced the lock cylinder and ignition switch because of the theft system light and the car not starting.but was unable to find the cause of the daytime running lights not working. Oh! but they noticed a recall on the hazard lights and replaced it. They were the one who replaced it the first time. I also told them of the over crank/grinding noise after the car is started, happens occasionally. They could not duplicate, so no repair. I am not happy with this car or Chevy because of all the problems and the expense it has caused and cost me. I used to hold Chevrolet in high regard, but can no longer recommend anyone owning one.

- Cedar Hill, MO, USA