1. stuck with the dealership (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Malibu suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 072010

Malibu 3.1L V6

I see that many people have complained about their 2001 Chevy Mailbus and have not had a lot of luck. I also had to spend the money on the head gasket which I thought was a lot of money at the time. However, I recently took my car to the dealership after noticing a noise and then the steering being limited. I was told my craddle and steering rack had rusted out and needed replaced. I had planned on keeping the car as a first time car for my 16 year old because the car has been good to me. However, I can't believe that GM uses such thin metal for the car's subframe. I faithfully take my car to an under carriage wash all winter to ensure I have limited rusting. This is extremely disappointing and I will be looking to get rid of the car before more goes wrong...Toyota is looking better and better.

- , Butler, PA, USA