2001 Chevrolet Malibu transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu:

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 102003

Malibu 6-cyl

I purchased my car at robbins Chevrolet in houston, tx in 2001. I also purchased an extended warranty. I had been having acceleration problems with the car from the start. Last month the car would not start. I took it to robbins and they said it was the PCM module, which is under warranty. They said the PCM that was in my vehicle was not for a Chevy Malibu. Robbins said the PCM was for a Pontiac, which is a GM product. We have only had the vehicle serviced at robbins & landmark Chevy. Robbins wants us to pay for the PCM which is under warranty. I should not have to pay for a part that is under warranty. The part could have came from the factory or switched at the dealership. Do I need to take leagal action to get this problem solved"?" the service director is tommy morton

- Humble, TX, USA

Feb 192003

The PCM light illuminated.

- Glanstone, NJ, USA