8.3

2. replace solenoid (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu:

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 252007

Malibu 3.5L

Since before i married, my wife has paid an exorbitant amount for check engine light supposed fixes which never worked! Replaced catalytic converters three times and the problem continues. Security theft system problems also and paid around 800 dollars and the only way i can stop it is by cutting the engine off and waiting 15 minutes so the security light will go off so i can even run the car, because as you know when the security light stays on you can't crank it! She's paid over 1200 or more dollars on it before she married me and hundreds since then. The Chevrolet company should reimburse every owner of these Malibu's for their costs because it is a defect in almost all of them since 2000 and earlier. They ought to be named Mali-Boo- Boo's!

- , Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Jul 222010

Malibu 3.1L

the engine light on my Malibu in on, have to get it checked out. So far the car seems to be running ok, but I know this will end up be an expensive repair.

- , Jamison, PA, USA

Jul 012008

Malibu LS 3.1L

My main gripe with the vehicle is the check engine light coming on and never going out. It started in 2008 when I was required to take the emission test. The first time they check it came back that the oxygen sensors needed to be replaced. I had them replace and the light went off long enough for me to leave the mechanics premises. I took it to another mechanic because I thought maybe to first mechanic was giving me the run around. After taking it to the second mechanic it was diagnosed with needed a catalytic converter. I replaced the catalytic converter and the light went out for about 1 hour. I took it to a third mechanic and was told that the catalyst convert was not the correct one, so I took it back to the second mechanic. They changed the catalyst converter for the second time and the light came back on after about 30 minutes. I had to take my car to a fourth mechanic, that replaced the catalyst converter for the third time and the light went out for about 48 hours. The light has been on from then until now and the diagnoses I receive is that the catalyst convert is bad, after reading the reviews not sure if the catalyst converter has been bad all this time or is it a malfunction with the Chevrolet Malibu. I think this issue should be reviewed, to determine if this matter warrants a recall for the Chevrolet Malibu.

- , Calumet City, Illinois, USA

Jan 012005

Malibu 3.1L

The engine light stays on, the repair place will say it's this and then we go somewhere else, it's a different problem. 4 months I had it check again and this it's the oxygen sensor. I gave up trying to figure it out.

- , Polacca, AZ, USA

Jan 012006

Malibu LS 3.1L V6

Check Engine light came on. Took it to Goodyear, and they reset it. Problem was electrical. Came on again on a long trip. When I returned home, I had the issue fixed.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 022007

Malibu 6cyl

Chevy Malibu is a piece of sh*t check engine light wont go out cant pass inspection until it go out ken wilson Chevy in vestl ny took over a month to det it to go out then with in 100 miles its back on but nothing wrong with it tell that to ny state police when they give u a ticket for pass due inspection. the brake system is just worthless nothing but problems oh and the head gasket blew around 27000 miles if i remember right they actually fixed that

- , Binghamton, NY, USA