9.0

2. replaced catalytic converter (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Malibu exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu:

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Apr 052009

Malibu V6

My neighbor is an auto mechanic who listened to my car today. He advised me to have the exhaust checked because I explained to him how it takes what seems like forever to move forward when the traffic light changes to green. Then it stays at 10-15 mph as if I have no gas pedal. After 5-10 minutes, it may decide to accelerate a bit, maybe 20 mph, but it's sluggish and is prone to cutting off. After reading the complaints of other owners, it seems that I will need to call around tomorrow for a catalytic converter.

- , Savannah, GA, USA

Nov 302007

Malibu LS 3.1L V6

Was going out on the highway and noticed that the car was accelerating very slowly despite having my foot all the way down on the gas. Car wouldn't go over 3000 RPM ans only peaked at under 50mph - not safe in a 65 zone... took to my car guy and he found that my catalytic converter was clogged. He put an aftermarket one in - saved hundreds of dollars!

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA