9.8

2003 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Apr 232004

Malibu

I had to replace the brakes on this car at 6,000 miles. Since then, I have had to replace them on a yearly occurrence, as well as rotors and wheel bearings. The breaks always sound like they are grinding and vibrating. I have had issues with the ABS light coming on. It has been 7 months since I had the rotors replaced, and I need new breaks again.

- Perkasie, PA, USA

Mar 102004

Malibu

When the brakes were applied there was a grinding noise and metal scraping against metal sound. Took vehicle to mechanic, and mechanic indicated that they were using genuine parts from dealer, and the parts only lasted 12000 miles, and in some cases 6000 miles.

- Chelsea, VT, USA

Sep 302003

Malibu 6-cyl

The breaks on my 2003 Malibu sedan seem to not be as responsive as other vehicles I have owned. You have to press the breaks harder than normal to bring the car to a stop. This is a major issue with the Malibu's and as I do more research, I have found numerous people that have had to replace breaks many times with similar results.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA