8.7

1. replace water pump (3 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Malibu cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 012013

Malibu V6

I bought this car thinking all should be well, dependable, not. ac started acting up and then the next thing happened was the heat sensor on the car gadge went to extreamly hot.. I thought I should just jump out the car I was affraid the signal went from normal to heate and I heard a noise almost to work and just kept going to I arrived. I found out the water pump went out when I called around for the part it was expensive. and then I called a place to replace the part. they recommened thermostat replacement and a coolant charge as well. Over all it was about 280.00 repair.

Im still waiting to get it after work in high hopes that nothing else will follow.

Before this issue the key would not turn and the car would not start. The reason was the key was worn and I had to repalce the entire ignition portion. Now the clutch is super loose and I have to ask if someone can take a look into this problem tooo.... I dont want a car payment but I woud have loved after paying the car off it wouldnt have problems like it does.

- , Lancaster, CA, USA

Dec 182012

Malibu 3.1L V6

I'm lucky this happened in winter so my car didn't overheat at all. So far nothing huge has broken on my Malibu, but this little stuff is getting annoying and starting to add up.

- , Dublin, PA, USA

Nov 012006

Malibu 3.1 V6

I started having to add coolant, so I went into the dealer for the 8th time (not including oil changes)! I found that the bearings in the water pump died and were leaking fluid! With the water pump replaced I'm praying that nothing else goes wrong!

- , Cleveland, TN, USA