8.0

2003 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Feb 192016

Malibu V6

I was told that my car was being recalled to fix a problem that might cause my vehicle to shut off while driving. I had, at this time, never had my vehicle shut off but brought it in to have the key modified to supposedly fix this problem. A few months later, my car began to die at intersections.

First I had a sensor replaced that reads the air and gas intake into the motor. Then, after a couple more months of driving, and my car getting really rough I had the spark plugs and wires replaced. But the worst, by far incident was yet to come!!! Just a few days ago, on Friday, February 19th, I took my daughter to school and headed home on the interstate. Slowing rapidly from 60 to 30 miles per hour and entering a short exit ramp area that led directly onto a dangerous tight, 270 degree turn my engine shut off with the key "STILL IN THE ""ON"" POSITION!"

Luckily I slowed down a bit more than usual before starting this turn. For a second or so into the tight right hand turn I noticed that my car was trying to pull me off the ramp to the left! As I was fighting to stay on the asphalt, I noticed that my car's engine had died at 30 MPH! Holding my vehicle on course with one hand while slowing with my brake I glanced in my rear view, put on my emergency blinkers, saw no one coming, came a complete stop, noted the key position, "On", put my car in park restarted the engine and drove home.

My mechanic cannot find anything wrong with the vehicle, but if I had been going a bit faster or if another vehicle had been following too closely!?!?!?!

No harm done this time, but what if anyone else has this happen in an even more dangerous place at an even higher speed, someone could really die with this problem.

- , Memphis, TN, USA