5.5

2. ignore it or pay the $40.00 (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 012012

Malibu 3.1L V6

This car has given me soooo many problems, from brakes to rotors, calipers, to exhaust, intake manifold leak, turn signal, anti-theft light, power train, oil pan gasket, transmission pan gasket, compressor died, alternator died, starter died, reservoir ruptured, egr valve, oxygen sensor, throttle position sensor, catalytic converter, entire string of lights on back of vehicle went out, water seeping into back lights, change fuel pump twice in less then 2 years, ignition switch failed, there's just toooo much. They definitely should recall this vehicle. Please let me know if GM does.

- , Jackson, MS, USA

Nov 292008

Malibu 3.1L

My car started misfiring -- figuring it must be the spark plugs, I checked them; they look fine. So, I checked the spark plug wires and there are 2 bad ones which I am replacing. But, before I could get them replaced, the check engine light came on after driving the car an additional 10 miles today. I'm not sure if there is a connection between the 2 problems (the plug wires and the check engine ight), but I'm thinking there is. Before, investing in a costly, unnecessary diagnostic on the car, I am asking you.

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Sep 202007

Malibu LS 3.1L V6

I just recently bought a 2003 Malibu because my other Chevy which I still own has a lot of miles on it and I plan on doing a lot of commuting soon. Just before the warranty ran out on the car the stupid check engine light came on, there are only almost 32,000 miles on the car. So I took it back to the dealership, they claim they fixed it. Got my car back and drove it for one day and the light came back on with the same error code p1815 and so now once again I am without my Malibu because it's in the shop. I own a 1998 Chevy Prizm with 246,000 miles on it and the light stays on, but it's nothing major and plus with that many miles I expect for the light to be on. Right now I am a little upset, I just want to be able to enjoy the car I purchased 1 month ago.

- , Hillsborough, NC, USA

Mar 072007

Malibu V6

This has happened to me 3x, every time I took it to the dealership they tell me it's the fuel cap sensor which is BULLSH*T b/c the light will come on a week after I pump gas or will just come on whenever and I think I know how to tighten a fuel cap. It has been on for a year now I don't even bother taking it back cuz I refuse to pay $40.00 every 3 months to have it reset.. It's scary though cuz what if something is really wrong with my engine?

I know if the light blinks it means something serious but we're talking about Chevrolet here where nothing works right.

- , Glen Burnie, Maryland, USA