7.0

2003 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 012012

Malibu V6

when the problem first occurred, the car had been sitting for a few days and it was hot and as I continued to drive that day, it got worse. So much so until my a/c was affected. It seems as though the engine got so hot that it caused the freon to escape all at once.

Update from Jul 21, 2013: I took my Malabu to the Chev dealer for repair. I was charged almost $500 to clean throttle and replace a/c hose. I was told that they could not guarantee the work because they were not sure about the problem...well... they were right, the problem still exists. I notice that when it is extremely hot, that's when it is at it's worst, especially when I am running errands and have to make short trips which calls for stopping and starting after short periods of time.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Mar 092009

Malibu 6.0L

Throttle sensor is the problem. I have searched many sights to find the location of the Throttle sensor. I have the part and just want to fix it. I know what the problem is. I am a female and am getting quite disgusted that I can't get anyone to help find it's location just so I can fix it myself. My husband is also too lazy to help. I work nursing 6 days a week and am willing to put this part in myself if someone will just tell me where it is located.

- , Dover, TN, USA