2004 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 312010

The electric power steering in my vehicle is faulty. The steering wheel will move by its self while driving or in park. Also my power steering will go out without warning while driving at any speed. When the steering wheel locks up due to power steering I have a very hard time turning and controlling car. I have barely avoid several accidents because of this issue. I have taken car to dealership to see if can be fixed because when I called GM I was not eligible for the warranty that would have fixed issue but because it was past their recall time they would not assist me and the dealer wants $800 to fix and they say that even fixing the steering column and or the assist motor that I will more then likely have the same issues! my car is a 2004 with only 44,462 miles on it. I got the car used February of this year (2010) and didn't know that it would be a nightmare and a death trap for my family! I have video of the wheel moving by its self as well as video showing that when I loss power steering the car is hazardous. I am really afraid that I will not be able to keep up with this issue and will one day loss complete control of the car and hurt myself and possibly others! Chevrolet needs to fix this issue for good or replace the cars all together because its really only a matter of time before this issue bites them in the butt! I really like my Malibu but I really think that I should have never got it because of all the issues losing power steering, pulls bad to left and right, loose shifter knob, & the remote keyless entry doesn't work right. I hope by filing this complaint with you that maybe it will be resolved. I want to have piece of mind while driving my family in car not worried about the car being a death trap on 4 wheels that will loss control when it feels like it and kill my family and myself. I know that I am not the only one with these issues with the Malibu and Chevrolet really needs to step up and make these issues right for us the consumers fast!

- Columbus, OH, USA