2004 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 022014

Malibu 6-cyl

2004 Chevrolet Malibu. Customer states that he has received three recall notices for vehicle in June 2014 and July 2014. All three noticed indicated the parts are not available and hasn't heard any response since.

- Middleton, WI, USA

Sep 202014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control), NHTSA campaign number: 14V153000 (steering), and NHTSA campaign number: 14V224000 (power train). The contact was not certain of when the part and remedy would become available to schedule the appointment for the repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the safety concern with the three recalls and the contact was still waiting for the parts to schedule the recall appointment. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Sep 012014

Malibu 6-cyl

While increasing speed, the battery light and engine light come on. The power steering stops working for a few seconds and the dash lights go out. The lights go of and the power steering starts working like normal. There is still electrical power to the rest of the car (radio works, brakes work, interior lights still work, etc.) I replaced the battery and had the charging system inspected, nothing wrong with it. Alternator is good, battery is good. No shop can explain why this happens, even the Chevrolet dealer. It doesn't matter the speed I am going, it always does this. Driving on the interstate I lost power to the steering and went into the ditch to avoid an accident. The dealer states there is nothing wrong with the car, and cannot diagnose the problem. I have came close to totaling my car several times. I had my kids in the car when it lost steering on the interstate. This could have cost us our lives. I'm scared to drive this car but have to. This complaint is my last option before contacting a lawyer. I hope this can be resolved through this complaint.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Oct 012014

Malibu 6-cyl

2004 Chevrolet Malibu. Consumer writes in regards to GM recall #13036* ld the consumer stated the recall fix, did not fix the problem. The consumer stated he did not know, if the brake lights worked and the cruise control rarely worked. The traction control and ABS light was on. The consumer returned to the dealer. An inspection revealed a problem was speed sensor on the right front wheel, which was not related to the recall. The cost to replace the sensor was $460.

- Pierre, SD, USA

Sep 052014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Greenville, SC, USA

May 142014

Malibu

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the parts needed for the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mineola, TX, USA

Aug 302013

Malibu 6-cyl

Lady lost control of car and hit a truck and smashed passenger side front section and air bags deployed. She did not have the money to pay the tow company so she let them have the car. I found this information on car facts online. My son lives in mo and purchased the car and I purchased the car due to the low miles on the car and now having problems getting the air bags to function properly. I also caller deery brothers Chevrolet dealership and they checked my VIN and this car does have a recall on it.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Jun 102013

Malibu

While pulling out of a business parking lot with my mother in the vehicle, I turned the steering wheel to back out and it wouldn't turn at first. I cut the car off and restarted it once again, this tie the steering wheel turned for about half a turn and the just kept on turning with a knock every full rotation. The wheels were not moving at all.no matter how many times I restarted the car it never worked. So I was forced to block half of the parking lot until my car was flat-bedded back to my house. Previous to this incident I had experienced the wheel stiffen up at low speeds but it always went right away, I have seen countless people online posting stories about this happening to them, and I was just driving on the freeway minutes earlier and this could've happened then and been a tragedy, why has this not been recalled"???"

- Detroit, MI, USA

Oct 132010

Malibu

2004 Chevy Malibu lt 74,000 miles. I have had problems with the remote start not working. The cruise will not work all the time, bearings in steering column, check gas cap and anti theft light. It also will not start unless I give it gas. And when I take it in they find nothing. Fuel pump has been replaced and that is not the problem. I did some research and found hundreds of people with the same complaints. There needs to be a recall same yr of cars all with the same issue something is not right.

- Ladysmith, WI, USA

Aug 312010

Malibu

The electric power steering in my vehicle is faulty. The steering wheel will move by its self while driving or in park. Also my power steering will go out without warning while driving at any speed. When the steering wheel locks up due to power steering I have a very hard time turning and controlling car. I have barely avoid several accidents because of this issue. I have taken car to dealership to see if can be fixed because when I called GM I was not eligible for the warranty that would have fixed issue but because it was past their recall time they would not assist me and the dealer wants $800 to fix and they say that even fixing the steering column and or the assist motor that I will more then likely have the same issues! my car is a 2004 with only 44,462 miles on it. I got the car used February of this year (2010) and didn't know that it would be a nightmare and a death trap for my family! I have video of the wheel moving by its self as well as video showing that when I loss power steering the car is hazardous. I am really afraid that I will not be able to keep up with this issue and will one day loss complete control of the car and hurt myself and possibly others! Chevrolet needs to fix this issue for good or replace the cars all together because its really only a matter of time before this issue bites them in the butt! I really like my Malibu but I really think that I should have never got it because of all the issues losing power steering, pulls bad to left and right, loose shifter knob, & the remote keyless entry doesn't work right. I hope by filing this complaint with you that maybe it will be resolved. I want to have piece of mind while driving my family in car not worried about the car being a death trap on 4 wheels that will loss control when it feels like it and kill my family and myself. I know that I am not the only one with these issues with the Malibu and Chevrolet really needs to step up and make these issues right for us the consumers fast!

- Columbus, OH, USA