2. leave key at start for 10 min and anti theft system resets (7 reports)
  3. have the car towed, pay for new part (2 reports)
  4. had to repace ignition switch (1 reports)
  5. new black box (1 reports)
  6. they say turn the key in the on posistion and bump it (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 222007

Malibu LS V6

My horn would randomly go off if I locked it. After 3 trips to the service department they finally discovered it was a faulty sensor that made my car think it was being stolen. They had replaced the horn as one of their attempts at repairing, however that only led to yet another trip to the service department 2 months later for a horn that stopped working altogether. I HATE CHEVY MALIBU!! I have not gone more than a 6 month interval without major safety defects showing up. I will never again buy a GM car!!!

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Aug 302007

My car will not start and the anti-theft light is blinking. How do I start my car and how did this happen? I can't turn it off with my remote because it has refused to work in the last year!

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 302007

My check engine light is on due to "check gas cap" message!

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 272007

Malibu ES V6

This problem keeps occurring, I've been driving the car for two years without a problem and suddenly I'm being told that I need to order a new factory key, but no one can assure me that this will actually correct the problem.

- , Maumelle, AR, USA

Apr 302007

Malibu 4cyl

what kills me is that after paying a diag fee the dealer wanted to chg 150.00 for a new car battery but the tech was really good and told us what to do if we ever have this problem again and we have at least 3 times a week

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 182006

Malibu Classic

One morning I get in my vehicle and it decides it doesn't want to start. The engine turns over but it will not start. After trying to start it multiple times I notice the anti-theft light blinking. I've seached this issue on the web and discovered Im not the only one that has had this problem.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA