6.7

2004 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 012008

Malibu Maxx V6

Every so often (usually in hot weather) the car won't start. I have to shift it into neutral to get the engine to start and it usually takes 2-3 tries. I have no idea why it does this, but I think it has something to do with gears sticking because of heat/humidity.

- , Elkton, MD, USA

Feb 072007

Malibu 4DR 3.5L V6

Every time I mentioned this to the GM Dealer they check the computer and say there is no engine codes reported so they don't know what causes it and can't fix it. Only once, while under warranty, they found a "low battery code" and put in a brand new battery under warranty but that didn't solve the problem. (battery was probably weak from having to crank the engine so much :)) I feel I have to live with the problem but it doesn't inspire confidence when you go on a trip and every now and then you engine doesn't seem to want to start.

- , Dalhousie, NB, Canada

Sep 272006

Malibu LT

OK, here is the deal. My so called "Malibu" doesn't want to be bothered and won't want to start without a fight. I have taken it back to the dealer so many times that they actually remember my name. They can't seem to figure whats wrong with it, and mess around with the computer until they create a new problem. I just to it back to them today for the same problem and they managed to make my dashboard light up like a Christmas tree with all sorts of warning indicators. It really is a pain is the ass to take it to them, but on the other hand I get to drive a new car every month. I got a new Suburban today as a loaner. Props to them for that.

- , Cincinnati, Ohio, USA