8.0

lights problem

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 092011

Malibu LT V6

Brake lights stay on most of the time. sometimes go off then wont come on when i apply brake. sometimes flash. Had this fixed before(thought i did). I've had the same problem 3times since now they are telling me that it is the body control module. what the hell is the problem? I also found out that this is happening in 5 other GM models. Is there a recall or what? To me this is dangerous. I'm afraid someone is going to run into me cause of not knowing if I'm stopping or not when the lights decide they are not coming on. Is there a mechanic out there that actually knows what the hell this is?

- , Vienna, OH, USA

Dec 072010

Malibu Classic 2.4L 4 Clynder

when driving the Malibu i have been told i have a break light out on the passenger side and i have changed the housing and break unit and the break light will still not work. i noticed when removing the outside cover the prongs for the lights were corroded from water seeping in to the unit. i don't know if there is a manufacturers warranty on this but it not only is a pain but it puts me in harms way every time i am in the car. if people don't see a break light when following me then what is to say that they wont rear end me. this problem needs addressed by the manufacturer.

- , The Plains, OH, USA