2004 Chevrolet Malibu lights problems

lights problem

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 012011

I have changed fuses, replaced bulbs, and even replaced the entire headlight, but my left front blinker continues to burn through the cover. The blinker has since stopped working altogether. I believe this was a problem even before I bought it.

- , Boone, IA, USA

Aug 292015

Malibu 2.2L 4 cyl

click to see larger images

bulb sockets melting bulb sockets melting bulb sockets melting

I've had the car for about 6 months and was wondering why I was getting pulled over for burned out headlights after I had just replaced them not 2 weeks before because one side wasn't working. Thankfully I didn't get a ticket. I took the assembly apart to find that the bulbs were somehow melting the plastic that you plug them into. I haven't taken it to a dealer because I straight up can't afford to even get it diagnosed. I'm about ready to take out the socket and solder the wires to the bulb.

- , Gwinn, MI, USA