5.3

2. per chevrolet the problem is linked to the hazard lights (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Malibu lights problems

lights problem

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 022011

Malibu LT 3.2L V6

My right blinker recently started fast blinking. I have a teen that uses the car for school and has only had his license since April and I didn't want him to get pulled over so I diagnosed the problem myself. Burned out bulb right? Wrong! I changed the bulb and it worked for 1 day and went back to fast blinking. I had my dad look at the socket because he thought it had a short. Wrong again. The wires were all good. However, the amber casing had a burn hole in it.

I thought it was the flasher fuse but that was good. I called the Chevy dealership and was told that it was a defect that is connected to the Hazard Lights. Oh bring your car in so a tech can diagnose the problem and we will bend you over for $50 bucks. What? Really? I know the problem you dumb...! Of course there was no recall of the part.

- , Appleton, WI, USA

Nov 012007

Malibu

Turn signals blink fast, kept thinking I needed a new bulb. Replaced the bulb, it worked for a day or two then back to the fast blinky. Had a friend replace the bulb, I purchased a new bulb at a new place still have the bliny turn signal. Now I just ignore it

- , Xenia, OH, USA

Apr 102007

Malibu LS V6

On our 2004 Malibu LS's left turn signal was blinking fast as if the bulb needed replaced, took it to the Chevy dealer, they messed around with it, said the bulb was fine reconnected it. Drove it for 2 days then started acting up again. Took it in again they readjusted it and it started to work again and still is. That was 2 weeks ago. Now my right back turn signal is doing the same thing. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

- , Norway, IA, USA