0.7

2004 Chevrolet Malibu miscellaneous problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Malibu

The car was running fine gradually ran out of power and would not start I was left in the middle of a busy street with no power and not moving. The car would not start it was pulled home.

- Cordova And Memphis, TN, USA

Jun 232015

Malibu

Underneath the front seat where a small pipe connecting the seat to the rails broke off at the weld. This made the driver seat to lean to the right and moves from side to side while driving. It's very unstable! it will be a cause of death or injury since the seat belt is part of the system. Upon closer look, it appears the job was not done properly. Poor welding and poor workmanship is very obvious upon inspection. A quick search in the internet shows it's a common problem on Chevy Malibu. This needs to be recalled as it poses danger to the driving public.

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Apr 202015

Malibu

I was stopped at a red light, when the car shuts off. I turned the car back on, but if I went slower then 10 mph the car would shut off. I pulled into a local grocery store parking lot, and the car was running hot. I checked the oil and found that the oil was completely empty. I had changed the oil just a week before and had no issues with the oil. The car would not start. I had to get the car towed home.I checked the oil plug and filter and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Everything was tight and in place. The next day the car would start, but had a horrible knocking noise coming from the motor. Having two little babies, I have not driven it since. I do not want to take a chance on this problem happening again, nor to anyone else.

- Watkins Glen, NY, USA

Apr 032015

Malibu 6-cyl

Car currently has 3 recalls. Called local Chevy (650-994-2400) and was told 2-3 days to fix. Will not provide loaner and I do not have any options for work transportation without it for 3 days. So I'm forced to continue driving it without getting the parts fixed anytime soon. All 3 recalls items can be done in 1 day based on approximations but Chevy can't guarantee it will be done in 2 days and they refused to setup an appointment time to bring in to schedule tasks accordingly. Gross negligence by GM to give no priority for cars they sold but customers they can't profit off of. Filing this complaint incase I get injured or killed due to recall parts as I will want them to be held liable. Thanks.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 012014

• 1,540,000 miles
In July 2014 I received a recall notice on the transmission shift cable. Stating that it may fracture at any time. I have tried to get the car in to get this issue fixed but once again, I'm being told that there are no parts in yet. This could be a extremely bad thing. This car is not safe to drive.

- Huntington, IN, USA

Nov 242012

Malibu

The driver's seat broke. While driving the seat moves up and down. While driving on uneaven roads the seat bounces up and down. It is very distracting and messes with the allignment of the drivers back. This is very dangerous.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 212013

Malibu 6-cyl

When starting the car the ignition gets stuck, there is a recall on other models but not the 2004 Malibu, and also the right rear tire rod has part that has come loose, took to tire shop and showed where the part will have to be welded back to the rod. Currently have recall on steering for 2004 Malibu 14116.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Jun 072009

Malibu

While excelerating gas to go around a curvey road for several miles on country road my power steering light dinged then all power shut off and my car would not make the turns this was reported in several diffrenent events to GMC dealer ship in parkersburg wv. But nothing was ever done. Then while driving at a consistant speed of 35 mpr on straight stretch my car shuts off while driving in town without any warrning. I have been so scared to drive my Malibu that iv hardly put any miles on my car since 2006. Every time I tryed to get the dealership to find out what was happing to my car they would say it was my tieres or something like this whitch my tieres were new. All I got was sum excuse as to what could be going on I replaced my steering shaft three times and it never stoped my car from doing this... I have all my files in the system at GMC dealership in parkersburg wv. And two other shops as well. My car scares me bad but I finally payed it off and cant efford to get another at this time..... please fix this my Malibu maxx ; while driving on highway my car started exceleraing in speed after I took my foot off the gas the pedle seemed to be push down on its own it was stuck my foot was not in any contact with the gas pedle when this acured. This acured about June 2013 I parked my car after this and have refuesed to drive it untill resently because ive had no choice but to drive it and at first the car seemed fine untill the past few weeks its starting to act up again. Im real scared to drive my car and have no other means of transportation to get my children to and from. Please help before something else happens. I contact the GMC dealership but they cant explain whats happening.. ""help""

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 082011

Malibu

I was simply just trying to start my car this morning, and as I did everything worked as normal, except when I turned the engine over. First all the dashboard lights came on then the trunk popped itself and the cd player ejected the cd that was in it. Shortly after that because the car wouldnt start I tried again and again with no luck. It wasnt until I started pumping the gas pedal and keeping the key held all the way over to get it to start. I first thought it was the starter but soon realized this wouldnt make my trunk open and/or cd player eject its with that said it has lead me to believe that there is a bigger problem dealing with the anti-theft system in the car.

- Pittsburg, TX, USA

Aug 082011

- Pittsburg, TX, USA

Sep 282004

Malibu 6-cyl

While driving power steering pump failed. The consumer took the vehicle to dealer for inspection, and mechanic determined that the power steering pump needed to be replaced. Ea04018_cat currently the vehicle still does not steer properly. The vehicle was taken four times before the service dealer to say it was okay. The headlights shined too high, there was a vibration when the vehicle was in motion and was unable to be duplicated.

- Coeburn, VA, USA