7.3

2004 Chevrolet Malibu steering problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 262006

Malibu LT 3.6L V6

THIS PROBLEM HAPPENED LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER ME BUYING IT. IT ALSO HAPPENED AGAIN FIVE YEARS AFTER I BOUGHT IT.

- , St. Louis, MO, USA

Nov 152009

Malibu Maxx

My power steering first went out after I got back from a flight in January in Columbus, Ohio. Started the car, no power steering. Within a half hour of restarting, warming it up, it went away. Asked the dealership about it next time I was in and they said they'd have to take the steering column apart.

Now it's happening again on a cold rainy day when I hadn't started it for two weeks. So far, haven't gotten it to work again. From what I read, power steering fluid isn't the answer.

- , Jonesville, MI, USA

Aug 202009

Malibu

• CVT transmission

Is/was there a class action suit (in process) and who do we contact to join in?

- , Palm Desert, CA, USA