2006 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu:

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Oct 232014

I parked my car and locked the doors up for the night, just like every other night, but the next morning when I tried to start my car the battery was dead. I knew I had not left anything on to run it down. After getting the battery charged and my car started I headed off to work about 5 minutes into my drive my door locks started going crazy unlocking them selves and making a clicking noise this continued for about 10 minutes when I got to work I locked the car up and went to work got off work to find out the battery again was dead. And this time my doors were unlocked. I had this problem on and off for the next week until I had to buy a new battery. The new battery seemed to fix the issue so I thought. But once again it started unlocking its self repeatedly, I have gotten use to it acting up and pretty much over look it when it does it, but it still happens a few times a week.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

May 302006

38K mile 2006 Chevy Malibu V-6-car shakes/vibrates/shimmies. It also rattles and clunks underneath at all speeds, feels like the bottom is falling out. Dealer refuses to acknowledge a minimum of 7 complaints. Headlights lenses are loose and the lights shake all over the place. Dealer did finally acknowledge headlight issue after the 4th complaint and I was told it is a GM problem but they have no fix and there is nothing they can do. Now that the warranty is up, they are acknowledging all previous complaints (many more than just the couple I listed here) but at my expense when these issues S/H/B taken care of at the time of the original and numerous complaints.

- Henrietta, NY, USA