2.8

2006 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu:

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 162010

Malibu

While driving the A/C stopped blowing cold air, the car started to overheat, the various lights on dash were lighting up and the car died at an intersection. The car has 40,148 miles; the air conditioning compressor froze snapping the serpentine belt. Per the repair invoice: Locked up compressor clutch 3.00 diagnose, replace A/C compressor, evacuate and charge A/C, replace serpentine belt, clean A/C filter. The total cost of this repair was $1169.35. Should this part cease to work at only 40,000 miles?

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Aug 022009

Malibu

I just found out last night that my 2006 Chevy Malibu ltz brake lights illuminate without pressing the brake pedal and when I do press the pedal it goes out. This would cause anyone following my vehicle not to see that I am braking and could cause a crash. Also my cruise control and my cigarette lighter went out. I am not sure if they are all connected somehow but the brakes are definitely a concern. I will say that my car does have a salvaged title but I don't know if that would cause the safety issue. I have owned the car for 4 months and they have worked until now. I have an appointment to get it fixed and am not driving it till than.

- Ottumwa, IA, USA