- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
2006 Chevrolet Malibu
Worst 2006 Malibu steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- steering wheel making noise when turning34
- steering locked up while driving28
- power steering failed16
- noise from front end when turning12
- steering position sensor failed6
- steering popping while turning2
- NHTSA: Steering381
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System10
- NHTSA: Steering: Column5
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion2
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Rack2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Pump1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion: Pinion Shaft1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Malibu Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Malibu compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Malibu overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Malibu.