2007 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu:

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 202007

Malibu 6-cyl

On 7/20 my Chevrolet Malibu's sunroof exploded. I felt it was a fluke or defect. I was driving on I-96 and entering I-94 during the morning heading towards my grandson's day camp. After coming out of the overpass entrance from 96 to 94, within less than a 1/4 mile, I heard this tremendously loud sounds and glass began to shower me and my grandson causing minors cuts. I am grateful I did not lose control of the vehicle. I leased this car on 6/1. it is less than 60 days old. Richard voss from jefferson Chevrolet had the glass removed without so much as indicating to me that he felt something hit the car and whereas I had explained to him, from the direction I was traveling, the speed of the wind that day, the sound of the explosion, the lack of hearing any object hit the top of the car prior to the eruption, eliminated my opportunity to have a claims adjuster view the vehicle and determine the cause of the incident. I feel that my rights to a fair determination were eliminated along with the removal of any evidence to verify either claim as to whether or not this incident was caused from the penetration of a foreign object or a manufacturer's defect. Glass shattered all over me and my grandson. We fortunate to be alive. We only suffered minor cuts and tension. I only hope that it is not because I live in the city of detroit that this claim has not merited further investigation; as well as a major dealer not willing to assist in the replacement of the broken glass from the sunroof.

- Detroit, MI, USA