2007 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu:

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 152013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving along and heard a loud popping noise and I thought I may have ran over a plastic bottle. I was not driving fast I was on a main street heading towards the ramp to get onto the highway. I later heard clunking noise from the rear of the car. I thought at first maybe it was something in my trunk. Knowing I didn't have much in the trunk I looked and didn't find anything that could be making that noise. All week I heard this noise while driving to work. I brought my car to sears & the mechanic took me into their service area to show me that the spring was snapped and that is where the noise was coming from. It was snapped on the bottom half of the spring - rear passenger side. I asked the mechanic how typical was this problem and he told me only a month ago he fixed another Malibu with the same problem - but the other Malibu had less mileage approx 80,000. I was given an estimate - and it's free of charge to look vehicle over. I went to Chevy dealer they want to charge before they look @ the car and if you decide to go with their price they'll apply that amount to your bill. If they don't do the work - your out of that money. How can they do that" also the air bag light will occasionally come on and my fob's are not working - I was told the factory fob's might have to be reset" also an additional charge to look at. Thanks Chevy - but no thanks! charging your customers to look at a vehicle purchased brand new from your company - shame on you!!

- North Kingstown, RI, USA