2007 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu:

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 022011

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while parked, the vehicle would not start. The contact charged and replaced the battery in an attempt for the vehicle to start. The vehicle would start for approximately 2 minutes and would automatically stall. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 11E009000 (fuel system, gasoline:delivery:fuel pump). The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 79,007 and the current failure mileage was 100,800.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Oct 012012

Malibu

When filling up the car to full with gas. The gas gauge reads low fuel and on E and then the maintenance light comes on. Sometimes it will bounce back up to show how much gas is remaining only to fall back to low fuel and E again. Had this computer checked and they said it had to do with the fuel sensor located in the gas tank. The estimated cost to fix this would be around 600. I think this should be the responsibility of GM since they recalled their SUV's for the same problem. I can't tell how much gas is actually in the car and I don't know how to use the trip for this. With the low mileage on my car, I think it is outrageous that I should have to put out that kind of money for faulty problems on GM parts.

- Bridgeville, PA, USA

Oct 102010

Malibu 6-cyl

I had got in a crash in 2010 since then my electrical system and air bag indicator lights are always going on and off. Now my airbag lights stay on saying there not on. I also do not have a working fuel pump sensor.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Feb 022010

Malibu 4-cyl

After filling the gas tank on my 2007 Chevy Malibu the gas gauge went to empty and began acting erratically. This has happened 6-7 times over the past month. Typically when this happens the check engine light also comes on but not always, called the dealer, sounds like a fuel sensor which will cost around $800 to fix, also, speedometer is has been jumping around for about 2 years now! had the car in the dealer several times for a vibration noise in the dash that would come and go, dealer kept saying it was from wiper blades they would repair under warranty and it would go away for temporarily, 5 years later still get the vibration especially on a windy day!this car has been nothing but problems! I have always maintained it well, after reading thousands of all the same exact complaints, how can Chevy not be responsible for some of these problems? these are not just normal wear and tear complaints these are definitely faulty parts used by Chevy!

- Streator, IL, USA

Aug 112012

Malibu

My fuel gauge will jump from empty to whatever level of fuel is in the tank without cause. It has made my "check engine" light go on. On occasion the light will go out but then it will reappear. I have changed fuel caps to see if that would help. I finally had the engine diagnosed and had trouble code P0463 come up which indicates a fuel level sensor circuit high voltage. I have investigated the problem online and see that this is a very common in the 2007 Malibu and begins to appear when the vehicle is @ 4 - 5 years of age. I guess I would like to know what Chevrolet is going to about the issue since it seems so common, it seems to be because of a faulty or cheap part, and the repair is rather expensive.

- Monroe, WI, USA

Jul 142011

Malibu 4-cyl

The fuel level warning light came on. Then the fuel gauge started going from full to empty and then back to the actual level. Once it started happening it increased in frequency and no real pattern. After 3 or 4 occurrences the check engine light came on & stays on until I get close to empty again. Sometimes it registers but only for few seconds before you run out of gas on dark highway in the middle no where land. Cost of repairs estimates is $600-800 and should be on recall as clearly its a manufacturing problem after reading all the blogs online of other Malibu owners having the same issue.

- Garland, TX, USA