2007 Chevrolet Malibu steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu:

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 22)

Nov 242015

Malibu

The power steering does not work at all. As soon as the car is started up the steering wheel is shaking vigorously. I have to manually drive the car like I am in a video game. There is a recall out for certain models but my VIN is not included in the recall. All 2007 Chevy Malibu's need to be included in this recall. It is going to take multiple deaths of people before GM adds all vins to the existing power steering recall.

- Midloothian, VA, USA

Jan 282016

Malibu

Power steering goes out while driving and becomes extremely difficult to control and turn. Sometimes the steering wheel turns on its own. Car has to be turned off then restarted and power steering returns for a little while. It is occurring more and more frequently.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Nov 102015

Malibu

Power steering fails 99% of the time! I have no power steering at all when I am driving. It has completely fails. It's on for two seconds right when I start my car, shaking back and forth vigorously and then power steering assistance is gone! all manual from then on out! I drive with kids in the car and even bumped into things while turning because I cannot steering! this recall needs to apply to every 2007 Chevy Malibu, not just a specific time frame group! it's so dangerous for me to driving even on my own street and highway when I go to work! the wheel shakes when I'm not driving and even in motion even when the power steering fails! I have been waiting to hear back from you for over a month about my vehicle being unsafe to drive, but you must think it's okay for it to be driven since you're not doing anything about it! pretty soon I'm going to be involved in a serious accident and I will be suing GM and potentially ntsha for not reassuring my safety! someone always has to get hurt enorder for someone to fix something!

Jan 192016

Malibu

Power steering light keeps going on when you first start it and when car is restarted it goes off. Steering wheel vibrates back and forth while idling and power steering was going in and out while driving and is now completely out. This happened for about 3 days before power steering went completely out.

- Lexington, MI, USA

Jan 142016

Malibu

Recently while driving approximately 30 mph, I began to make a right turn while applying my brakes and my steering wheel locked up so that I could not turn. I was in a neighborhood and fortunately no other traffic was around me. Eventually it started working again. The steering wheel will also seize up sometimes when I am driving 5mph or less and making a sharp turn. I have not had the Feb 2015 (NHTSA campaign number: 15V064000) or July 2014 (NHTSA campaign number: 14E044000 ) recall work done and the NHTSA website shows 0 open recalls for my VIN #. I believe this happened in December of 2015 and the slow speed steering loss happens regularly.

- Wheatland, OK, USA

Jan 062016

Malibu

While driving on the freeway in rush hour traffice my steering wheel stopped working and it became very hard to steer. I was nearly hit while having to cross three lanes of traffic and while stopping on the side of the highway I hit the guardrail because I could not steer the car. This also caused a traffice jam.

- Euclid, OH, USA

Dec 082015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving 45 mph, the power steering warning light illuminated and the steering wheel seized. The contact pulled over and restarted the vehicle without failure. The failure occurred recently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 180,000.

- Pace, FL, USA

Oct 112014

Malibu 6-cyl

Chevy Malibu recall. My power steering goes out in the middle of me driving. It is a real safety hazzard when I never know when it will go out! my VIN # is not on the list to get fixed but fits the recall description! I even had this problem before the recall accrued and had the problem confirmed by a GM specialist. Please add my VIN to the list so my safety is not in danger when I drive!

Nov 102014

Malibu

Chevy Malibu recall. My power steering goes out in the middle of me driving. It is a real safety hazzard when I never know when it will go out! my VIN # is not on the list to get fixed but fits the recall description! I even had this problem before the recall accrued and had the problemost confirmed by a GM specialist. Please add my VIN to the list so my safety is not in danger when I drive!

Nov 132015

Malibu

Takata recall I need to find out if the 2007 malbu is in the recall.they fix the tramission cable. It say the brake pedal sensor they fix the brake light light. Now I see power steering recall and intion switch recall. They charge me 1000. And it was not the problem now want to charge me for inition switch. That is the problem.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 302015

Malibu

Power steering issue matching the recall of similar models while exiting interstate ramp.

- Gardner, KS, USA

Nov 282015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the steering column vibrated and the steering locked while driving 65 mph. The power steering warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the technician diagnosed that the torque sensor was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 15V064000 (steering). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 162,000.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 252015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, the steering wheel became very difficult to turn. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 155,000.

- Thornville, OH, USA

Oct 292015

Malibu

Malibu 2007 steering wheel locks! when the car is running!!! also the stoping warning rear tail light are on all the time"?" need help !!

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 092015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving at various speeds, the power steering seized and the power steering warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact stated that the failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power steering pressure sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (steering). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 175,000.

- St. George, UT, USA

Jan 212015

Malibu

I received a recall notice on the car that the eps motor controller may cause the vehicle to suddenly lose eps. My car is experiencing this. The recall is only good for cars less than 10 years old or less than 150,000 miles which ever comes first. My car is above the 150,000 miles because it was driven for several years long distances on the highway. So my steering is failing, but GM will not repair it under the recall and I can not afford this expensive repair. How is that fair?

- Dixmont, ME, USA

Oct 052015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving 45 mph, the steering wheel required excessive force in order to steer the vehicle. The power steering warning indicator illuminated after the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 213,000.

- Leesville, SC, USA

Sep 202015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving 70 mph and attempting to change into the right lane, the steering became loose and the contact lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle swerved to the left, struck another vehicle, and crashed into a guard rail. The driver side air bag deployed. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a tow yard where it was awaiting inspection by the insurance company. The failure mileage was approximately at 99,000.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jul 062015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. Upon making a left or right turn, the steering wheel partially locked and the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and provided no remedy. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 142015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving at 45 mph, the steering wheel became extremely difficult to maneuver. The power steering warning light illuminated. The contact stated that the failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the power steering assist motor and the torque sensors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 167,000.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA