2007 Chevrolet Malibu steering NHTSA complaints: Steering:Electric Power Assist System

NHTSA — Steering: Electric Power Assist System Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2007 Chevrolet Malibu steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu:

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Apr 052014

Malibu 4-cyl

Letter from constituents regarding their 2007 Malibu electronic power steering (eps) problems and failure; requesting that the appropriate state of Ohio and federal agencies investigate this eps failure in the 2007 Malibu model. The consumer stated last week, the steering wheel began exhibiting a pulsating/jerking movement, while stopped at a red light. Then on April 5, 2014 the power steering failed. The dealer informed the consumer, it would cost anywhere from $00-700 to fix the steering issue.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Apr 012011

Malibu 6-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Malibu. Consumer states problems with electric power steering

- Elgin, IL, USA

Aug 132010

Malibu

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu. While traveling 5 mph and attempting to make a right turn, the steering wheel suddenly locked and then independently released. The dealer advised that the electronic power steering module would need replacing. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 68,000 and the current mileage was 69,000.

- Apache Junction, AZ, USA

Jun 022010

Malibu

2005-2007 Chevy Malibu steering issue. NHTSA recall #10V073000 pertains to cobalt, this is also a Malibu issue and should also be included in the recall as this is the same problem we all are experiencing.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Mar 132008

Malibu 4-cyl

While driving and turning, the power steering failed on my 2007 Chevy Malibu making turning virtually impossible manually. Once I was able to stop the vehicle, I put it in park and tried the steering - no change. I shut off the vehicle and turned it back on and the power steering reset. This has occurred 5 times in the past two weeks. If I am setting still, I can turn the steering wheel completely to the left and the power steering will fail. Also I have noticed during driving and still (waiting at a light) the steering wheel tends to pulsate back and forth. I reported this to dealership a month ago when vehicle was oil serviced. They said they found nothing at that time. I see from research there were a lot of complaints with the 2004 model, but cannot find any remedy. After reading other complaints, I am very concerned about the safety of this vehicle. I have read where other vehicles have crashed due to this and I prefer to not be involved in an accident thus killing someone in my car or another.

- Bellevue, OH, USA

Oct 252007

Malibu 4-cyl

Steering cuts in and out in an unpredictable way.

- St.Louis, MO, USA