4.8

2007 Chevrolet Malibu steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu:

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 132008

Malibu 4-cyl

While driving and turning, the power steering failed on my 2007 Chevy Malibu making turning virtually impossible manually. Once I was able to stop the vehicle, I put it in park and tried the steering - no change. I shut off the vehicle and turned it back on and the power steering reset. This has occurred 5 times in the past two weeks. If I am setting still, I can turn the steering wheel completely to the left and the power steering will fail. Also I have noticed during driving and still (waiting at a light) the steering wheel tends to pulsate back and forth. I reported this to dealership a month ago when vehicle was oil serviced. They said they found nothing at that time. I see from research there were a lot of complaints with the 2004 model, but cannot find any remedy. After reading other complaints, I am very concerned about the safety of this vehicle. I have read where other vehicles have crashed due to this and I prefer to not be involved in an accident thus killing someone in my car or another.

- Bellevue, OH, USA

Oct 252007

Malibu 4-cyl

Steering cuts in and out in an unpredictable way.

- St.Louis, MO, USA