2.4

2008 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu:

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Nov 112011

Malibu

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated while driving 40 mph, the traction control and brake lights illuminated. The contact stated that the brake lights were also illuminated even though he was not depressing the brake pedal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but they could not diagnose the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 26,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 08/15/13

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jun 152012

Malibu

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. Additionally, the service traction warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician advised that the sensor in the steering column and the front driver and passenger side wheel sensors would have to be replaced. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Feb 022011

Malibu

The power steering in the vehicle jumps from left to right going down the road. It is very hard to maintain your lane when this happens. It happens at all different points whether the car has been running or just started, it can last up to 30 min. Quit then start again it is very unsafe. My catalytic converter has also gone out in this car. It looses transmission power, doesn't accelerate promptly. When we first got the car we had it in the shop for the back trim leaking, trunk release not working, the car wouldn't start do to the aftermarket alarm the dealer ship placed on it, and the paint peeled. No I am having major issues and it is out of warranty. I will never buy another Chevy. This was the worst mistake ever and those car is unsafe to drive.

- Euharlee, GA, USA

Sep 202010

Malibu

The vehicle just recently purchased has had a problem with the steering. The drive shaft was replaced within 2 weeks of the purchase then another problem occurred and another part was replaced. But now one month later the steering wheel starts to jerk and wiggle while I am driving or even when I turn the car off. Then 2 days ago the powersteering alert keeps coming on. Allow since I bought the car the traction light will come on and sometimes I am just seating at a red light.

- Houston, TX, USA