2008 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu:

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 092013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving down interstate 85 and applied the brakes because the traffic had slowed and the ignition shut off causing the power steering to go out and the brakes stopped functioning. This has happens almost every single time you apply the brakes and it has been an ongoing issues since December of 2013. After almost being in 3 accidents I stopped driving the car for fear of my family's safety. This car should be a part of the GM ignition and power steering recalls but everytime I call GM/Chevrolet I am given conflicting information. In one call my car is a part of the recall and the next call it is not. GM is not being fair or honest in their assessment of which vehicles need to be recalled. The car will not pass inspection because of these issues. I tried driving the car with the single key as I had heard on the news and for the 1 mile that I drove the car in that instance I had no problems but I was afraid to chance it any further. The ignition switch recall needs to be expanded to include more vehicles.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Jun 122012

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving, the car just stopped and turned off, I could not switch gears or take my key out of the ignition. Car had to be towed and I paid $470 to gave the ignition switch replaced,

- Little Elm , TX, USA