2009 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu:

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Mar 012011

Have told the dealership of these problems with the service airbag and service traction. Also I sent an email to the Chevrolet headquarters and received a call from them telling me that it was my repair not their fault. This past Friday the 20th I took the car again to the dealership as the service airbag light has been on constantly for the past two weeks. I was informed that the module was bad and I would have to pay $250 dollars ( my deductible since I have the extended warranty, paid extra for that when we bought the car). How can a module be bad on a 2 year old car is the issue I am having and why I have to pay to fix/replace it. I could understand if the car was older, but feel anything electronic that goes wrong with a car today now falls on the consumer.

- Dickson, TN, USA