2009 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu:

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Mar 102011

Malibu 4-cyl

In March, 2011, I began having problems with the doors not opening from the inside. I unhooked the battery terminal to reset the computer then the windows started working again. In April my driver's window would not go up. I replaced the 30A fuse and got the window to go up. Once I tried to use one of the other windows, the fuse blew again. Now my windows will not go up or down without blowing a fuse. The switch in the driver's door was replaced and the relay was replaced with no resolution. My windows will not work at all and yesterday, July 19, my doors began acting up again and will not open from the inside. I feel like I'm going to get trapped inside this vehicle.

- Gibsonville, NC, USA