7.5

2. replaced brake light switch (1 reports)
  3. replaced car battery (1 reports)
2009 Chevrolet Malibu lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu:

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 042013

Malibu LS

Well not really a beef, but a heads up. Problem first occurred as a ESC Service Traction error. when brought in for a code check notice that the brake light came on by itself. Originally the issue was a soft error, meaning one could not reproduce at will. Within a few weeks it became a hard error with the brake light, replaced the brake light switch with extremely care calibration and both issues disappeared. This by no means is the solution for every traction esc issue but just a place to look at. Especially since over all it is rather an inexpensive place to start.

- , Land O Lakes, Florida, USA

May 252013

Malibu LTZ Il4

I Bought a 09 Chevy Malibu LTZ and i took it for a test Drive before i bought it and i saw the AIR BAG light on. i ask the dealer to fix it and they said they drive the car. month later the AIR BAG light came on and BRAKE light stay on when not apply brakes, and the CRUISE control will shut it self out when on the freeway. the DRIVE DOOR LOCKs fail. all this thing happen in the same time i think this car gonna catch on fire one day, CHEVY NEED TO RECALL THIS CAR BEFORE SOMEBODY GETs HURT OR EVEN DEATH.

- , Orem, Utah, USA

Mar 102012

Malibu LS

I owned an Infiniti which I loved but my son totalled out for me. So I decided to buy a GM product because I say firsthand the number of job losses, etc. But I will never buy another GM, Ford, etc. There is no honor or value placed on the products and service. I'm concerned about the employees who aren't concerned about me. Management makes 75,000+ a year and the workers 50,000+ and I make half of that. They make what $17 or more an hour but build these cars using $10 plastic parts. I owned that Infiniti(Nissan) for almost 5 years and the keyless remote never broke. Less than 6 months after I had my Malibu the remote broke and I have yet to replace it. I thought it was the battery but everyone in the parts department said, "Once you open it up it's not going to work", I was past pissed. Next, the wiring on the driver side headlight shorted and burned the wires. The bright lights worked, but not the dim. So I spent close to $200 on a headlight. I had problems at the dealership so I called the General Manager, it was a mess. Since then, I had to replace the other headlight so I found it online and found someone to put it in. It's all plastic! Oops, I forgot, the radio had to be replaced when I bought it. Next, the rear breaklight is on while driving, but goes off when I stop, WTF! While driving down the road the door locks, lock and unlock at random and now I can't lock the doors unless I walk around to all 4 and lock them. The button on the driver side stopped working so I had to reach over to the passenger side now it doesn't work. I bought this car because I loved the look and to help my neighbors and friends whose lives depend on this Company. But then I realized, whoever assembled the plastic light fixtures, didn't care about me. The worker at GM who installed the headlight assembly, didn't care if it caught on fire and hurt me or my children. The employee who does the electrical wiring doesn't care if the wiring lasts 6 days or 6 months. I'm sorry GM, but I pay a carnote and insurance and try to take care of my home, but I don't have money to constantly put into a new car. You push us to buy these cars but no one's pushing you to build a quality vehicle, something has to change. Before this and you can check with the DMV, I owned a 1990 Honda Accord and 2000 Infiniti I30. The battery in the Infiniti lasted close to 4 years. The Honda ran for 19 years until the timing chain broke. This is what working class people need, more value for our dollar. This is what's real, but then again, who am I?

- , Shreveport, LA, USA

Sep 152011

Malibu LS

After reading all the previous comments about this same issue of the tail lights staying on while driving, and nothing is fixing the problems, I'm kinda regretting buying a car from Chevrolet! I should've stuck with Ford, who I've never had a problem with that couldn't be fixed!

Update from Dec 28, 2011: Recently, my battery died, so I changed it. It just so happens, that it fixed the problem immediately. It was almost as if it was a warning that your battery needed to be changed. It's been a couple of months since I changed the battery, and the brake lights have been good ever since.

- , Spring, TX, USA