2009 Chevrolet Malibu seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu:

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 152014

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag and seat belt warning lights were constantly illuminated. The failure occurred randomly. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 90,000.

- Smyrna, TN, USA

Aug 122015

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. After stopping at a red light, a popping noise emitted from the seat belt retractor and the seat belt suddenly became loose and would not secure the driver. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

May 082014

Malibu 4-cyl

I was stopped at a red light and a man who wasn't paying attention came speeding up and rear ended me he hit me so hard that my car hit the car in front of me and that car hit the car in front of him. 4 cars total. My airbags did not deploy and I am suffering from many injuries because of that. The man who hit me was going around 50 miles per hour. I believe with such impact that he hit me the airbags should have deployed. My face slammed into the steering wheel and hurt me very badly also I am concerned about the seat and the seatbelt. The seat I was in is all broken now due to the accident and I am also thinking that the seatbelt is also defective.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 202012

Malibu 4-cyl

My service seat belt sign goes on occasionally when I start car, but goes off if I shut off car and restart it. The dealer said they cannot test it if the sign on dash is not on. Also, I had to replace rear brakes and grind rotors at 37,000 miles-seems kind of premature. Now I am having some kind of possible electrical draw since my old and brand new battery have gone dead. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Oct 222009

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the front passenger seat belt and air bag light does not come on when someone is sitting in the front seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that there were no codes for the malfunction. The contact called the GM manufacturer in regards to the repair; however, they didn't offer any assistance. The failure mileage was 15,500.

- Lincoln, NE, USA