2.7

2010 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Apr 112013

Malibu 4-cyl

Back in April of 2013, the wiper stopped working during heavy rain and heavy winds. Took car to lou fusz Chevrolet of St. Peters, mo (which is where the car was first bought in June 2010). My wife and I were advised that wiper transmission/module loose at motor. The wiper module assembly was replaced. On 6/30/14, due to rain on the interstate highway, the wiper stopped working again, but due to this occurred over a year ago and 12,000 warranty expired, my wife and were told it had to be replaced again and we had to pay for it (mileage 92284). On 6/19/15, wiper again goes out due to heavy rain on the interstate highway (mileage 113245). However, phone service rep said to have the fuse box replaced because of internal short on power side of wiper motor on signal circuit. After the fuse box was replaced, the problem still existed. Yet, we still had to pay for the fuse box replacement! it was then determined that the tech found the wiper transmission link bar was broken. Please investigate this and let me know what the outcome is!! I find it very unusual to have something like a wiper motor break three times in three years. I am very concerned that my wife and I have been unfairly charged on the last attempt where we had to pay for a fuse box, yet that didn't solve the problem at first. My wife and I never had a problem with wipers breaking down like this one has. Please call me if you have any questions.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Jan 082013

Malibu

Wiper motor transmission just went out for the 3rd time yesterday, 1st occuranc was Jan 2013 an dstopped unexpectedly going down highway. Replaced at a cost to me of $325. Second occurance was Sept 2014 and occured on expressway going 70mph. GM would not cover as I was over miles and dealership woudl only guarantee part for 1 year. I again had to replace at a cost of $350. 3rd occurance was last night with my son! going 55-65 mph on Ohio turnpike in the pouring rain. Appointment tomorow. Everyone denies responsibility

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Apr 042015

Malibu

Our Chevy Malibu was broad sided on the riders side at 10:10 am on the forth of April, 2015. This was at a yield intersection in aiken, SC. I have had several near misses with this car with vehicles coming from the left. This accicent was clearly my fault. However, a contributing factor is the width of the post between the windshield and the door on that side of the car. We own a 2005 similar Malibu and the width of that post is much narrower and we have never had a problem seeing vehicles coming at us from the left side. However, the 2010 Malibu has a much wider post between the windshield and the door and is sufficient to hide vehicles coming from the left. My wife has had the same problem with this vehicle. It is a design safety factor that should be corrected by the General Motors engineers.. I would imagine that there have been many more similar accident with other drivers of this make and model of car. However I do not have access to your data base to confirm same. Our car was still able to be driven after the collision and is currently in a body shop being repaired. However, I am not going to be comfortable driving it knowing that this hazordous condition still exists. Thought I should pass this information along to your Agency in case others have complained of the same condition and you might be able to convince GM that they have created a safety problem with the design of this vehicle. The width of this column on the 2005 Malibu is 4 inches. The width of the column on the 2010 Malibu has to abe a good six inches or more sufficient to block the view from the drivers seet of oncoming vehicles from the left. Thanks for you consideration in this matter. Ken cooke

- Gillett, PA, USA

Oct 082012

Malibu

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, there was an abnormal noise coming from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front brakes needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the rear brakes needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the technician informed that the front brakes needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. In addition, the contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the brake system warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the technician informed that the rear brakes, the rear rotors and the rear passenger side caliper needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that after starting the vehicle, the windshield wipers failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiper transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Levictown, PA, USA

Apr 012012

Malibu 4-cyl

The headlamps provide poor visibility. The illumination of the low beams is only about 15 feet in front of the vehicle. This requires us to drive with the high beams on most of the time. However, when oncoming traffic are coming, we switch back to low beams. We have tried various light bulbs but that didn't fix the issue. My husband has physically tried to tilt the light bulbs, but that doesn't work either. There needs to be a redesign of the headlamps to provide better visibility. Poor visibility can cause accidents. We purchased this vehicle as a used vehicle in April 2012. I have always had this problem, just decided it was time to report it.

- Springfield, TN, USA

Jul 182013

Malibu 4-cyl

It was raining and my windshield wiper blades were on.immediately the blades stop working. L almost hit the fence because L could not see. My car is just 3years old, L do not understand why the blades will stop working.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Mar 102013

Malibu 4-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while parked, she activated the defroster and approximately fifteen minutes later the rear glass shattered. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated the defroster wiring melted. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 33,000.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Sep 242012

Malibu

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while attempting to turn on the rear defogger system it failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that the failure was caused by the fuse for defogger located in the trunk, which had burnt and melted. The fuse was replaced. The dealer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 33,000.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA